Typhoid Fever is one of the conditions that come as a result of an infection caused by Salmonella Typhi and also Salmonella Paratyphi. It is more like Typhoid only that it is accompanied by fever. The environmental exposure subjected to the body determines if you will be infected with Typhoid fever or not.
As earlier stated, This fever comes when a bacterium known as Salmonella Typhi attacks the body. A very close sister bacteria known as Salmonella Paratyphi is also connected with Typhoid fever.
It is important to understand some of the things that pose our bodies to the direct threat of Typhoid Fever. The main threat here is unclean water. It should be noted that salmonella survives well in dirty water. In this regard, the consumption of such water will amount to infection and ultimately get this fever.
To avoid Salmonella infection, it is advised that you consume clean water. If necessary, you should boil drinking water before consumption.
There are some happenings in the human body that play the role of indicators that there could be Typhoid Fever developing. Some of the symptoms may be very severe and close to an ailment. It is important to understand those symptoms of Typhoid Fever and seek medical attention immediately. Failure to do so may lead to aggravation and eventual death.
Some of the symptoms that should signify developing Typhoid Fever include:
- Incredibly high body temperature- There are cases where the body temperature may hit 39˚-40˚C. Convulsions among younger people may occur as a result.
- Muscle Aches- The aches, in this case, maybe selective or general. In most cases, chest and leg muscles tend to pain the most.
- Headache- Migraine and mild headache may be experienced at the early stages of developing this Fever.
- Lost Appetite- The urge to take meals may remarkably reduce or be lost altogether.
- Skin Rashes- Victims may start developing pimples and rashes on the skin. Pink spots may characterize this. The rashes may eventually burst into wounds hence subjecting you to pain.
- Constipation and Diarrhea- Depending on the individual body traits, there are those who may experience diarrhea as one of the symptoms indicating this Fever. There are others who may experience constipation. Either symptom may be seen as an indicator of Typhoid Fever.
- Confusion- This is a rare symptom but still used to communicate developing Typhoid Fever. This may be mild as opposed to severe.
It is possible to avoid fever since the condition is not contagious. Like earlier stated, the environment we live in is a direct threat to your health. Make sure that the water you consume is tested and confirmed to be clean. To be safe, ensure that drinking water is boiled prior.
It is the obligation of a medical practitioner to propose the right mediation to treat this Fever. The kind of medication to be prescribed will depend on the bacteria type and the patient in question. In most cases, anti-bacterial drugs are used in treating typhoid fever.
Patients are advised to take mediations for this Fever as indicated in a professional doctor’s prescription.
You may like dengue information